Saturday, June 7, 2014

Mixed Media - 14-22: Father's Day






Weekly Challenge Orange Team 14-22
Father's Day
This week the Orange team is making Father's Day projects, and used
Lawn Fawn Float My Boat stamps and Authentique Anchored paper line.
These products and much more can be found in the



Hey there, Karen N here from Craftily Yours. Eek, could this stamp set from Lawn Fawn BE any cuter?! Seriously! And this paper is SO perfect for the masculine cards! I used it to make a Father's Day cards for my husband and my father.

On this first one for my dad, I used a Tim Holtz stars layering stencil and some Gesso mixed with Adirondack Denim color-wash to create the stars. I decided it looked like a rustic blue, so then I tore the paper to create the layers and used my Diztress-It-All to distress up the edges. The Timeless Twine in Natural seemed like the perfect finish.


And I had a BUNCH of the gesso mixture left, so I used an UmWow Studio stencil to add some hearts to my husband's distressed-up card. In this one, some 3 Girl JAM burlap ribbon finished it up.


Both images are colored with Tim Holtz distress watercolor markers.

Craftily yours,

Karen

You can go HERE to enter your project

1 comments:

  1. That's a great Fathers Day card, and it looks like you had fun making it! Love lawn Fawn anything! Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete