Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week 38- Use Your Scraps!

#38
Challenge:   Use your Scraps
September 24 - 30th, 2013
Hello Crafty Friends!   Teresa Kaufhold here from CreateEnjoyShare. This week we are being asked to "Use Our Scraps".  Any of us that do paper crafting always have little bits of paper left over. Do you save them or recycle them or just toss them in the trash? I am a "saver" - especially if it is a "special" paper- a pretty pattern, glitter cardstock,  or a neat texture.  But I really am good at saving any usable size left over pieces of paper and I turn to my scraps first when I am creating, before cutting into a brand new piece of paper!
Today I made a birthday card for a sweet friend that lives in Alaska. (Hi Lori!!) 
 Let's take a look at it and then we'll talk about it!


I used an adorable Paper Smooches Stamp from the set called
"Chubby Chums" set.  I recently purchased some water color pencils and stamped the chick on water color paper and then used the pencils to color her in- then used a water color paint brush dipped in water to blend. I then "fussy cut" around the chick. To create the "nest" she is sitting in, I drew a nest with the water color pencils and then again used the paint brush to help blend the color. I did a light blue watercolor back ground as well for the chickie and the nest to rest on!  
I used foam squares to give the card dimension.


I used another Paper Smooches Stamp for the little flag the chick is holding - from the same stamp set, "Chubby Chums".  I just hand cut a little banner shape.

For the inside sentiment I stamped the "happy birthday" from a super cute set called Sentiment Sampler.  
You can get your very own Paper Smooches stamps from The Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge Blog. Tammy has some amazing weekly specials going on right HERE! 
I KNOW you have some scraps laying around your craft area!  Please join us in this challenge and enter your own project!

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on October 4, 2013.

You can link your project Here.

I hope you will hop over to my blog and leave a comment!  
www.CreateEnjoyShare.blogspot.com



5 comments:

  1. LOVE your cute little chick. Very cute card. TFS.
    Scraps I have scraps. I have a feeling the recycling workers that get my scraps aren't too glad to see them because of their size by the time I'm done with them. I just can't throw them out until I'm sure I won't use them. lol.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like to use scraps. When I click on the link here it indicates page not found. I'll ck back.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sunshine HoneyBee. The link is up now. Thanks for the heads up.
      Tammy.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this lovely challenge - I always use up those scraps - I have a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa I love your cute little chickie card! Don't you just love those Paper Smooches stamps? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete